We were thrilled to hear our movers were arriving within 3 weeks of moving....actually just 20 days of moving. I really have never been more excited to see a moving truck...not because I really wanted to be involved in the unpacking of 300+ boxes, but because I really couldn't wait to sleep in our own bed and fill up the house with some life!
This is what we were working with.
The movers came Friday morning around 9:30am and by 8:00 pm or so, they called it quits. Eric and I have actually gotten so good at setting up shop, that we were able to get so much done that day and the next. I set up the entire kitchen (the toughest room in the house) while Eric worked in the garage. The movers did a great job! I am still, as always, shocked by the amount of packaging they use to pack everything, but it all arrived in mostly good condition so not complaining. For those who are curious, our things left Houston on a truck, then drove to Tacoma and then from there it was put on a barge and sailed here. The amount of times our things have gone over water is mind boggling, but like I said, it all arrived in good order and we're very thankful for that! Same goes for our cars. Both were shipped the same way and they both arrived in perfect condition, phew!



No comments:
Post a Comment