Ever have one of those moments with someone where you've both totally thought you were thinking the same thing but weren't? It's a frustrating experience and sometimes even more so with a spouse. . . Eric and I had a really busy week with work and lots of commitments both during the week and on the weekend. Our friend Nick's birthday happened to be yesterday so I bought him a card. Eric was supposed to see him on Friday so I figured he could give it to him then. I had spoken to him a few times during the week about Nick's birthday, how old he was going to be, etc. So, when the day came, I asked him to fill out the card and give it to him when he saw him later on. Unfortunately, plans changed last minute the morning of Nick's birthday and Eric was not going to see him on his birthday but this connection did not deter Eric. . .
In comes. . . men are from mars, women are from venus...and Eric said it. Being the proactive maestro of efficiency he took it upon himself to hand deliver the card by strolling over to our neighbor Nick's house to give him the card. Problem is, it wasn't that Nick's birthday.
After tennis Eric said "I dropped the card off on Nick's car". This was surprising to me because I couldn't understand where or why he would see Nick's car. Eric then looked at me as if I had three heads..."Nick is our neighbor". . . However, the Nick I was speaking about is our friend who is a teacher at the American School. After a short session of bickering about poor instructions combined with NOT listening, we laughed about it and then Eric called our neighbor to let him join in on the laughter, and also make him aware that he is not a psycho birthday freak.
The card was actually pretty funny but not one not many people would appreciate. It read:
"Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth."
Inside: It's your birthday. Let your happiness show.
Men really are from Mars! (well, sometimes :) )
After tennis Eric said "I dropped the card off on Nick's car". This was surprising to me because I couldn't understand where or why he would see Nick's car. Eric then looked at me as if I had three heads..."Nick is our neighbor". . . However, the Nick I was speaking about is our friend who is a teacher at the American School. After a short session of bickering about poor instructions combined with NOT listening, we laughed about it and then Eric called our neighbor to let him join in on the laughter, and also make him aware that he is not a psycho birthday freak.
The card was actually pretty funny but not one not many people would appreciate. It read:
"Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth."
Inside: It's your birthday. Let your happiness show.
Men really are from Mars! (well, sometimes :) )

No comments:
Post a Comment